Applications Engineer – Water
Flow Science, Inc. is the developer of FLOW-3D HYDRO, a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software specializing in transient, free-surface flows. FLOW-3D HYDRO is recognized as the premier tool for 3D free surface modeling in applications related to the civil and environmental engineering industry, including dams & spillways, conveyance infrastructure, rivers & environmental, ports & coastal, and water treatment. We have a large global user base that includes governmental agencies, private consultants, and academic research institutions.
Applications Engineer – Water
Flow Science has an immediate opening for an Applications Engineer – Water. The candidate will work in collaboration with our sales, marketing, support, and development teams to deliver market growth leadership for water infrastructure application areas.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in fluid mechanics, physical, chemical and biological processes in WWTP, and applying industry standard modeling and design approaches. The candidate will also have experience and a strong passion for CFD and developing its use as a design and analysis tool to advance the state of practice within the civil and environmental engineering industry. Candidates should have exceptional oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. The candidate should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Provide technical leadership as a subject matter expert on all areas related to CFD for water treatment and conveyance infrastructure applications areas.
- Provide market growth leadership by developing close working relationships with industry partners to help guide account growth and developments needed to meet customer needs.
- Run sample simulations and present detailed results in areas of interest for potential users.
- Actively participate in technical marketing efforts such as presentations, webinars, user conferences, trade shows, and customer visits.
- Perform internal research, testing and validations to guide future developments and identify growth areas for CFD in the application area.
- Provide advanced technical support services to existing users.
- Develop and deliver user training workshops, technical webinars, and presentations.
- Perform technical sales consultations with prospective users.
- Regularly present at industry conferences and events.
- Participate and represent Flow Science in professional associations, member of technical committees, and/or officer of local or national organization.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-10+ years of industry related worked experience that includes water and/or wastewater treatment facilities, collection systems, combined/sanitary sewer overflow, water transmission/distribution projects, and/or pump stations.
- MS or PhD in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering degree.
- A strong background in fluid mechanics, open channel hydraulics and physical, chemical and biological processes in WWTP.
- Experience and expertise in conventional or industry standard modeling techniques and software (Biowin, Sumo, SWMM, CAD, GIS, HEC-RAS, MIKE).
- Experience in applying and developing 3D CFD models.
- Strong written and verbal skills for communicating critical concepts.
- Desire to learn and understand new and challenging concepts related to all water and environmental application areas.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong 3D CAD skills and GIS skills are highly desired.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is a plus.
- Experience working in dams, spillways, rivers, and open channel systems is a plus.
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers a year-end bonus opportunity up to 30% of base salary. Learn more about careers at Flow Science >