We sponsor H1B visas. We are open to employees working remotely.
At Flow Science we solve the world’s toughest CFD problems involving free surface flows, turbulence, heat transfer and fluid-structure interaction. We are looking for a creative and motivated individual to join our R&D team as a Developer to work on our flagship CFD software FLOW-3D.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
High Performance Computing
- Parallelize physical and numerical models for the FLOW-3D solver
- Identify performance bottlenecks, research, and implement new technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of the solver
- Assist in resolving solver bugs reported by users
- Assist in verification and validation of the solution
- Conceptualize, organize, plan, test and help implement designs for HPC cloud environment
- Assist existing users with running on the cloud
- Assist the sales team in getting new users up and running on the cloud
- Test FLOW-3D products on new HPC cloud platforms
Continuous Integration and V&V
- Maintain the current CI system and assist in migrating to a newer system
- Daily monitoring and reporting of testing failures
- Identify opportunities for automation and implement them
- Maintain the V&V test suite and help with its expansion
- Learn and maintain internal productivity and debugging tools
Required Experience and Skills
- An engineering degree from an ABET or equivalently accredited university and some work experience
- BS degree (engineering/applied math/computer science) with 3 years of relevant experience, OR
- MS degree (engineering/applied math/computer science) with relevant experience, OR.
- PhD degree (engineering/applied math/computer science) with relevant experience is required.
- Required experience for HPC responsibilities
- Recent experience with programming using the Message Passing Interface (MPI) library on large codes.
- HPC cluster experience (must be comfortable with Linux environment)
- Experience with shell scripting (bash, perl, python, Windows batch)
- Experience using debugging tools (gdb, valgrind, ITAC) and performance analysis tools (Intel Vtune Amplifier, Arm MAP, Open|SpeedShop).
- Experience in HPC development for cloud platforms
- Preferred experience for CI and V&V responsibilities
- Experience with a CI system
- Experience in scripting and python
- Experience with version control systems (SVN/Git)
- Experience with Sphinx documentation
- Programming experience with modern Fortran/C
- Excellent communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skills to work seamlessly within and across our diverse, multicultural teams
- Excellent organizational skills, and a strong desire to learn new things
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience with OpenMP programming
- Experience with workload management tools (PBS, Slurm, Oracle Grid Engine)
- Experience with Linux cluster management software (e.g., Rocks)
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers a year-end bonus opportunity up to 30% of base salary. Learn more about careers at Flow Science >