Come work in one of the best small cities in the US1 for one of the best companies in New Mexico2! Flow Science is a growing tech company with deep roots in the CFD industry, is looking for outstanding engineers with an interest or expertise in the aerospace, automotive, additive manufacturing, and consumer products industries.
Flow Science has an immediate opening for a Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer works with current and future clients in academic, industry and governmental organizations to identify their Computational Fluid Dynamics modeling needs and demonstrate how the FLOW-3D family of products will provide value to their mission.
Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a commercial CAE software environment. Modeling experience with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software is a must.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required but a Master’s degree is preferred in Engineering or a scientific discipline. Coursework focused on Fluid Mechanics and CFD is a plus. Coursework related to sales, business development or marketing will be very beneficial.
- Experience in metal casting, microfluidics, consumer products, aerospace, chemical engineering or water infrastructure industries a plus.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products and CRM tools such as Salesforce.
- Experience with FLOW-3D software is a big plus.
- Willingness to travel (10%+)
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate
- Excellent written and oral communication, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both leadership and technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and professionally in written responses to inquiries, technical papers, or conference presentations.
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments, manage multiple priorities, and overcome obstacles to progress through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Develop a deep understanding of the core technology behind FLOW-3D, as well as the supporting technologies that are used to deliver simulation solutions to our customers, such as cloud services and in-house HPC computing technology.
- Develop and execute effective product demonstrations and technical presentations.
- Understand customers’ technical challenges and goals in order to run sample simulations, present detailed results, and advise solutions that meet their needs.
- Promote the FLOW-3D family of products’ unique business values in competitive sales situations.
- Follow up on prospect inquiries with timely and accurate responses, generate leads through prospect identification and marketing outreach.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Support and Development groups to create technical marketing materials such as white papers, blog posts, webinars, proof-of-concept simulations that will drive web traffic and lead creation.
- Participate in company-sponsored events and industry tradeshows to promote FLOW-3D solutions and develop positive sales relationships with current and future customers, in both established and growing markets.
- Provide technical support for customers taking an evaluation license and for customers in FLOW-3D training classes.
- Act as “the voice of the customer,” conveying & prioritizing customer requirements to Management to help grow and improve Flow Science’s product portfolio.
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full time employees including employer paid medical, dental, vision coverage, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers year-end bonus opportunity. Learn more about careers at Flow Science >
1 HuffPost listed Santa Fe, NM as one of the top 5 small cities in the US
2 Flow Science has been named one of the Best Places to Work in New Mexico by Albuquerque Business First.