Software Engineering Intern
We sponsor H1B visas. We are open to employees working remotely from CO, TX, AZ, OR, IL, MD, NC, SC, FL, or possibly others.
Successful interns may be offered a regular, full-time position to work remotely for Flow Science as a Software Engineer at the end of the 3-month internship.
Our software, FLOW-3D, is used by engineers, designers, and scientists at top manufacturers and institutions throughout the world to simulate and optimize product designs. Many of the products used in our daily lives, from many of the components in an automobile to the paper towels we use to dry our hands, have actually been designed or improved through the use of FLOW-3D.
Recent Computer Engineering or Computer Science graduates (December 2021 or May 2022) with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- The ideal candidate for this internship will have experience in object oriented programming and exposure to C++;
- Be comfortable with version control systems such as Git;
- Be comfortable in both Windows and Linux environments;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge in modern design/architectural patterns
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) development experience
- Programming experience in a structured software environment, or academic setting
- Experience with Qt framework
- Experience with UML
- C++ 11/14/17 knowledge
- OpenGL/graphics programming
- Familiarity with the VTK API
Principal tasks and responsibilities
Supporting our Software Engineers in their design and implementation of new elements and improvements in the FLOW-3D GUI.
Interns will work remotely.