Software Engineering Manager
We sponsor H1B visas. We are open to employees working remotely.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, and versatile Software Engineering Manager to lead our team of Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers in their day-to-day efforts to present our computational physics engine to users, to curate the team’s tools and processes to drive performance, and to mentor team members to foster the growth and success of the team. Successful Software Engineering Managers combine a passion for user interface design, mentoring, and software development with strong technical competence and the ability to guide a team to make a vision a reality.
- Manage the development process and tools for the FLOW-3D user interfaces, including the research, design, build, review and QA processes, to align with industry best practices and reliably deliver high quality code
- Supervise, encourage, train, mentor, and evaluate team members to help them grow and excel
- Interface with other development team leads to define and design product features, create and follow product roadmaps and timelines, and work out implementation and integration details
- Support customer-facing teams as they launch new products and manage user success
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading high-performing software engineering teams in a cross-functional environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience employing systems, tools, standards, and procedures to drive performance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in software engineering, computer engineering, or computer science
- Extensive experience developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions, preferably in an Agile environment
- Experience designing user interfaces
- Deep understanding of modern C++ (including standards); object-oriented principles and design, especially design patterns; and software architecture for scalability on both Windows and Linux
- Strong ability to read and learn from existing code
- Experience with some of our tools and secondary languages: Qt framework, FORTRAN, Python, Bash scripting, CMake, Git/GitLab, and JIRA
- Experience with other CAE or visualization software
- 3D Graphics Programming (OpenGL specifically)
Flow Science offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision insurances, life and disability insurances, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans with generous employer matching, and an incentive compensation plan that offers a year-end bonus opportunity up to 30% of base salary.